Monday 13 July 2015

Seduce by RMS Beauty

Earlier this year I attended the launch of the Tinted Un-Cover Up powder at natural and organic beauty store Content. During the evening Rose-Marie Swift talked not only about the powder but also about the other products in her range; showing us not only how to get the best out of them but also how they can be used in other ways...

I wasn't planning on picking up an Eye Polish when I attended the launch however one of the (many) tips that Rose-Marie mentioned was the use of Seduce as a brow colour for blonde and lighter brunettes. A quick demo and I was sold and a pot of Seduce made it's way home with me that evening.

I have naturally quite strong brows which have always been significantly darker than my dark red/blonde hair, however I am finding myself more and more frequently defining them with an eyeshadow. Seduce is the perfect match! I apply it using my LY30 Angled Brow brush which has a mixture of synthetic and natural hairs - cream products are best applied with a synthetic bristles, however I find this brush works well for me.

Brow colour may not be the most obvious use for a eye shadow - especially a cream one, but if you do have light to mid toned hair then it is definitely worth giving it a go. Before I step away from the idea of using Seduce for other purposes, I should just mention that it makes for a great contouring cream too!

Now onto the polish itself...

Seduce is a earthy brown with a soft bronze/gold undertone. On my eyelids it comes up as a gold toned taupe rather than brown; I am fine with this but be aware if you are looking for a true brown. This said, it is a really beautiful, versatile colour that would suit most skin tones.

As with all the RMS eye polishes, the formulation is rich and creamy thanks to the nourishing combination of coconut and jojoba seed oils and cocoa butters. It can be applied and blended easily with a brush however fingers work even better and mean you can really push the cream into the skin. One layer of Seduce gives beautiful, subtle sheer coverage but it can be built up. It is perfect for adding definition, wearing on its own or creating a soft smoke eye. It also makes a great base for powder shadows (simply push the powder onto the cream).

My one irk with the RMS shadows (as with with the majority of the collection) are the very cute and very attractive glass pots; beautiful on the dressing table but a bugger in a pro kit - they are so heavy!! As much as I love them, If I want to build on my RMS collection of shadows (I currently own three or four), I will have to consider deporting and transferring them into a palette...

Seduce is available from Content and Love Lula and is priced at £19.00.

Ingredients:
*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil,*Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopherol(non-GMO), *Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract
May contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica CI 77019


Main Image: 

Body Images: Laura Jane Sessions - Organic Make-up Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment