Monday 29 December 2014

Top Five: Products of 2014






This year seems to have passed within a blink of an eye. It seems only a couple of months ago I was compiling this list for 2013. So what were my thoughts on clean beauty in 2014? Can my Top Five top last years compilation which consisted of an utterly amazing assortment of products)? We shall see...

For me, 2014 has been less about falling in love and more about rekindling old love. There have been fewer products to deliberate over than in previous years and more re-discoveries of products I had lying around in my kit or hadn't purchased for a while. Having said that, there have been some great discoveries.

So what are my Top Five Products of 2014?



Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation

I am sure it is no secret that I utterly adore this foundation (in fact anything from this brand!).  Ever since the Danish luxury organic make-up line landed in the UK I have been building up a collection in my kit and this foundation has swiftly become my go-to base for most make-ups (male and female). It's only flaw is the lack of choice when it comes to shades, BUT rumour has it that there will be some darker tones added to the range in the months to come

And if you haven't heard me go on about it enough, here's some more...



Odylique Calendula Healing Balm

With the potential for winter bugs to strike at any moment, I have a couple of jars of this little number at the ready. I discovered Odylique Healing Balm earlier this year after receiving it in a press pack and I was bowled over by it's effectiveness at almost completely healing sore, broken skin within a matter of a couple of days. Believe me, I am not exaggerating when this year I say Bring it on to the common cold!

Find out more about how this little beast put pay to my winter sores



Ilia Beauty Lipstick in Neon Angel 


On a night out I am usually sporting a classic red or deep plum toned lip. Never having been one for a bright lip I was a little gobsmacked by how much I fell in love with this colour. I actually purchased it  on a bit of a whim in late 2013, however it didn't get an airing on the blog until May (hence I can justify it's inclusion in this list) and it is now a staple of both my personal and professional kits.

Find out why it caught my attention



Fresh Therapies Natural Nail Polish Remover

Utterly LOVE @freshtherapies Nail POlish Remover - just removed polish in the bedroom with OH  next to me & wasn't told off ! Heehee 

This was a tweet I posted one evening after  nail polish removing session. Usually I get moaned at for removing nail polish if my other half is anywhere in vicinity; even cleaner removers bring on the moans! Not this time! He never even noticed... What more can I say? I can remove my polish in peace - and in bed (well, you know what I mean ;)

Read more about this clean polish remover


Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil


You may recall I was gifted a couple of these pencils from a kindly relative on a trip to New York earlier this year. Madeira (a pink toned nude) and Clementine (a matte orange-red) were instant hits and a great addition to my kit (although they have been re-appropriated for personal use on a number of occasions). In fact I loved them so much she brought me back some more on her most recent trip! Happy days.

I'm giving the pencils some love here


So, what do you think of my list? Are there any products there that were your favourites of 2014? Or do you think I have missed some out? Let me know.




Main image: Christmas Stock Images


No comments:

Post a Comment