Monday 29 April 2013

Chamomile Tea

Facial wipes are such an easy way to remove make-up. A couple of goes over the face and even the heaviest make-up is usually gone, negating the need for many of the bottles and jars of cleansing products that take up space in and weigh a kit down. Quick and convenient, I tend to find that facial wipes are particularly popular with the male artists and presenters I work with - well who wants to hang around after a long day on set!?

Handy as they may be, facial wipes are not without their faults - personally I, like many other people, find that most wipes are a little too astringent for my skin, leaving it tight and dry feeling. I am constantly rotating the brand of wipe I have in my kit, trying out new ones and seeing if I can find better, less drying alternatives.

Neals Yard Remedies Organic Facial Wipes

I only road tested these reasonably recently and instantly decided that my search for a better facial wipe was probably over. Simply put, I think these are by far and away the nicest facial wipes that I have used.

Made from 100% organic cotton, they are reasonably thick and feel luxurious on the face. The wipes remove make-up easily and leave the skin feeling moisturised. Many conventional wipes contain alcohol which can be drying on the skin but these eschew this often irritating ingredient in favour of white tea (an antioxidant), aloe Vera (know for its soothing properties) and lavender and chamomile essential oils.

The scent of calming chamomile is beautiful but fairly strong in the pack, however this doesn't linger on the skin. The lack of synthetic fragrances means that the likelihood of irritation is slim, however those with more sensitive skins may be better to test the wipe before use. With this in mind it would be great if Neal's Yard could produce a fragrance-free pack too.


In the world of wipes these babies are pricey at £5.50 for a pack of 25 wipes. Not great for the bank balance, especially when you frequently get through a pack a weekend...

Available in store or online at Neal's Yard Remedies

One of the first companies to use natural rather than synthetic ingredients, Neal's Yard Remedies was born in 1981 in London's Convent Garden. The extensive range of Soil Association certified skin and hair care products and make-up are all designed, created and tested at the NYR headquarters in Dorset.

 
Ingredients:
(*denotes organic ingredient)

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Sucrose Laurate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Camellia Sinensis (White tea) Leaf Extract, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Oil*, Coco-glucoside, Levulinic Acid, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool

Image courtesy of: Neal's Yard Remedies

 

2 comments:

  1. I got these in my goody bag at a NYR event and loved them! They are so expensive though :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, aren't they fabulous! they are now a must have in my kit. I can't be without them!
      L x

      Delete