Thursday 23 February 2012

Reveal Your Inner Glow

Being a big fan of lipsticks, I was really excited when I received the new Dr Hauschka lipstick collection to trial prior to their forthcoming release. I am not often sent products to try before they are made available to the general public and so the opportunity to play with all of them was fantastic!


There are 5 colours in the collection; Violet Marble (plum toned), Pink Topaz (a sheer fuchsia), Rose Crystal (shimmery nude), Beige Opal (shimmery Salmon) and Red Quartz (a soft but lively red). The inspiration behind the range is 'our natural Inner Glow' and the colours are designed enhance and radiate the natural beauty and colour of our lips.
Inner Glow Collection
All of the colours, even the stronger tones, are fairly sheer, however they can be built up, giving a greater density to the colour. They are slightly scented and to be honest, I can't decide if I like the scent or not, if you are a little sensitive to fragrance, this may be off putting, however the texture on application is worth it. They feel moisturise rich and have a very similar consistency on the lip to a tinted lip balm, but combined with the staying power of a lipstick.


I freely admit that I am very hard to convince when it comes to any shimmery or pearlised lipstick so, some of the colours I liked more than others. I really liked Pink Topaz; a true summer colour and although sheer, gives the lips a lovely subtle, but still noticeable, fuchsia coloured wash. The real hits of the range for me however, are the Red Quartz and Violet Marble. These two colours are both significantly stronger than their counterparts and, although they too did need building up to make a real impact, they look really beautiful on the lip.


Sadly I haven't had a chance to really test drive them on a suitable job as yet and so my initial thoughts are very personal, however I do think the Inner Glow lipsticks that I favoured, would look beautiful on photographic and editorial make-ups.


The Dr Hauschka Inner Glow limited edition range will be available online in March and will be retailing at £21.95.


Dr Hauschka products are cruelty free and made from natural ingredients, all carry the BDIH 'Certified Natural Cosmetics' seal, ensuring that ingredients are sustainably sourced and produced using either bio- dynamic or certified organic agricultural methods.


www.drhauschka.co.uk


Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Mica, Lanolin, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Silica, Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) Root Extract, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Prunus Amygdalas Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernal Oil, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool , Benzyl Benzoate, Farnesol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Carmine† (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
† Includes Carmine as a colour additive


Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed in this blog are entirely my own and I am honest in what I write. I am a freelance Make-up Artist and am NOT affiliated with any company or brand, therefore I  remain imparticial and unbiased towards one organisation.
Unless otherwise stated, the products reviewed have been purchased by me. On occasion I am sent products to try, however  I will always state if I have been sent a product. As a matter of principle (and time) I will not review any product that I do not like or use in the course of my work as a Make-up Artist,  regardless of whether I purchased it myself or was sent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment